This Friday (October 11th) will see TV hit GLEE officially say goodbye to Finn Hudson who was played by the late Cory Monteith. The episode will see songs including “Seasons of Love” from the musical Rent, Adele’s version of Bob Dylan’s “Make You Feel My Love” — sung by Monteith’s on- and off-screen girlfriend Lea Michele — and The Band Perry’s “If I Die Young,” performed by Monteith’s co-star Naya Rivera. All proceeds generated by the tribute’s music will go to Project Limelight Society, an arts organization in Monteith’s native Canada.
More details are starting to trickle out about the episode including the shock absence from former co-star Dianna Argon who played Finn’s girlfriend Quinn for four seasons on the hit show. It appears both Monteith’s girlfriend Lea Michelle (Rachel Berry) and Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy both ensured that while other former co-stars were welcomed back for the special tribute episode, Argon would not receive the same welcoming.
This news has left GLEE fans scratching their heads at the emission as Argon’s Quinn played an integral part of Finn’s back story.
In relation to filming of the episode, Ryan Murphy said that almost every scene in this episode episode is from the first take of every performance because the actors and the crew had a really hard time shooting it. “I’ve never seen a crew that you can’t continue shooting because they’ve left the room sobbing. It was very hard. I struggled even working on it because what you’re seeing is what they felt not just about Finn but Cory.”
The episode title “The Quarterback” will air on Friday October 11th at 7:30pm on Channel 11. Check our the promo for the episode below.
Montieth died in July from a fatal heroin and alcohol overdose – TIME IDEAS posted this interesting article yesterday about how the show may do more harm than good when it comes to the reality of drug and alcohol addiction.
- Hear Lea Michele’s ‘Glee’ Tribute To Cory Monteith And More Songs From ‘The Quarterback’ (freshwaddabrooks.com)
- Dianna Agron Not Welcome At ‘Glee’ Tribute Show For Cory Monteith: Co-Stars & Creator ‘Intensely Dislike’ Her (radaronline.com)
- ‘Glee’: Cory Monteith Tribute Episode Songs Released – Listen Now (hollywoodlife.com)
- Glee’s Lea Michele and Ryan Murphy Can’t Stand Dianna Agron? (celebs.gather.com)
- Video: Cast Of ‘Glee’ Cries Throughout Corey Monteith Farewell Episode Promo (laist.com)